Saturday, December 17, 2011

Gluten Free Cookie Mix in a Jar


I just created this, and I'm really excited! This is a tried and true recipe, that I just adapted into a jar mix. The only thing that I think I will do differently next time, is put the butterscotch chips in a different place...maybe next to the chocolate chips.  The flour layer was so thick, that as you can see in the picture, you can't really see the butterscotch chips at the top. (Although it is entirely possible that the flour could have been packed down farther, as my 8 year old put this together and may not have had the strength to do so.)

Here are the layers, going from bottom to top:
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 3/4 cup chocolate chips
  • 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • flour mix: 1 c. rice flour, 1/2 c. tapioca flour, 3/4 cup sorghum flour, 2 tsp. xanthan gum (mix together in bowl, then add to jar)
  • 3/4 cup butterscotch chips
Layer in order, packing each ingredient down after you pour it in.  Attach directions onto jar; see photo above.

 I'd love feedback on this if you make it.  Enjoy, and Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Can I use bean flour for this instead of all of the different flours mixed? that's all I have!

    ReplyDelete